As we approach the final weeks of September, Apple Picking season in Vermont is well underway, and most orchards even offer pick-your own pumpkins and fresh apple cider; the signature Vermont experience. Regardless of where you live in Vermont chances are there’s an apple orchard not to far away. Here’s a list of some of Vermont’s best apple orchards (in no particular order):
1. Scott Farm Orchard (Dummerston)- featuring VT’s largest selection of heirloom apples; over 120 varieties. Just 10 minutes from Brattleboro. Learn more about their unique orchard here.
2. Wellwood Orchards (Springfield) located just 15 minutes from Exit 7, Wellwood features Over 20 different varieties of apples and other fruits for pick-your own, and they have a petting zoo, and cider donuts (Weekends Only).
3. Shelburne Orchards (Shelburne) features over 6,000 apple trees, and is conveniently located near Burlington. This family run orchard has a little bit of everything to enjoy this fall.
4. Hackett’s Orchard (South Hero)- features 34 varieties of apples, homemade pies, sweet cider and more.
5. Burtt’s Apple Orchard (Cabot)- Burtt’s orchard features almost 40 varieties of apples, and is located near Cabot Creamery, making it a perfect stop for a fall day trip in the area. Visit their website here.
6. Chapin Orchard (Essex Junction) – Chaplin orchard features a variety of pick-your own apples, as well as a farm store with a variety of fresh local products. Plus on Thursdays you can view their cider being made fresh.
7. Champlain Orchards (Shoreham)- Vermonters May recognize this orchard as their cider is carried in many local stores throughout Vermont. A visit to Champlain Orchards will leave you memorized by all of their products available in the farm store.
8. Mendon Mountain Orchards (Mendon)- This central Vermont orchard is located just minutes from Rutland and Killington. In fact you can even spend the night at their Orchard Motel. Learn more on their website here.
How many of the above Orchards have you been to?, and which Orchards do you recommended visiting, let us know in the comments below…